SpeedView is an advanced speedometer application that uses the phone’s built-in GPS system to show your current maximum and average speed, as well as the direction, total distance, and time traveled. Suitable for running, car driving, biking, or hiking.
We use this app on our android Phone and Love it! Used it the on the maiden voyage and have never looked back. It does drain the battery on your phone , so I made sure the cigarette lighter was wired and now we just plug the phone in and charge it while we cruise.
- High accuracy GPS-based speedometer that is more accurate than the one in your car.
- Linear compass Shows your current direction of travel. A compass mode is also available.
- HUD view Mirrors the numbers so you can place your phone on your car’s dashboard and see the speed reflected in the front glass. You can check out this video to see how it works.
- Speed graph Displays a graph chart covering the last several minutes.
- Display units Supports units such as miles, kilometers, and nautical miles.
- Speed warning You can set the speed limits for three different types of roads so that when you go too fast a visual alert or sound will notify you.
- GPX track export Enables you to save your current track to the SD card or email it to someone. The GPX format is supported by Google Earth and many other programs.
- Background mode You can minimize the program and keep it running in the background. It will work as usual and even notify you when you exceed the speed limit.